Little Mill Campground is located in American Fork Canyon and is a great spot for fly-fisherman, hiking, and mountain biking. The area is full of aspen, oak, and maple trees, with abundant wildlife and wildflowers. Nearby Tibble Fork and Silver Flat Reservoirs offer canoeing, kayaking, and fishing, as well as the spectacular Timpanogos Cave National Monument.
Little Mill Campground is located in American Fork Canyon on the banks of American Fork Creek. This popular campground is a great place to escape the hot summer days while hiking or fishing.
American Fork Creek is a favorite among fly-fisherman. The creek is stocked with rainbow trout.
The 20-mile paved Alpine Loop Scenic Byway passes the campground, traveling through alpine canyons, mountain meadows, aspen groves and pine forests, providing breathtaking views of the Wasatch Range. This road is not recommended for vehicles over 30 feet in length.
The campground contains one group site and several family sites, many of which are accessible. Vault toilets are provided.
The campground is situated among dense stands of aspen, oak and maple trees, which provide nice shade and beautiful autumn color. Wildlife and summer wildflowers are abundant.
For facility specific information, please call (385) 273-1100.
Nearby Tibble Fork and Silver Flat Reservoirs offer canoeing, kayaking and fishing for rainbow, brook and brown trout. A portion of the north shore at Tibble Fork is accessible. Both reservoirs are open only to non-motorized watercraft. Scuba divers frequent Tibble Fork's south shore.
Hiking and mountain biking trails abound at Tibble Fork, some beginning at the reservoir and others nearby. The 6-mile Tibble Fork Trail, 2-mile Pine Hollow Trail, 3-mile Mill Canyon Trail and the 15-mile Ridge Trail are in the vicinity.
Timpanogos Cave National Monument is just a few miles down American Fork Canyon, with a rewarding but steep 1.5-mile hike to a guided tour of the spectacular three-room cave system. The trail offers stunning views of American Fork Canyon.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.