Mueller Park Group Picnic Area is located just 5 miles from Bountiful, Utah, at an elevation of 5,400 feet. Visitors enjoy relaxing in the shade along Mill Creek and exploring local trails.
Mueller Canyon offers excellent trail opportunities. Hiking, mountain biking, dirt biking and horseback riding are allowed here. Mueller Park Trail is 13 miles long, gradually climbing into the Wasatch foothills through dense forests before passing Elephant Rock and ending at Rudy's Flat.
Kenney Creek Trail is nearby and can be used to access the Great Western Trail. North Park Trail connects with Grandview Peak Trail and Cottonwood Gulch.
This group area contains 18 day-use picnic sites, accommodating groups as small as 16 people and as large as 100. All sites have tables, campfire rings and grills.
Flush toilets and drinking water are provided. Roads, parking spurs and walking paths within the site are paved. A volleyball court is on-site.
Shady maple, aspen, cottonwood, willow, pine and fir trees surround this beautiful site, offering a cool retreat from the city below. Mill Creek tumbles through the site. Summer wildflowers are plentiful and autumn leaves put on quite a show.
For facility specific information, please call (385) 273-1100.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.