- Trails may be closed to use during between October 19 - 30, 2020 for in-stream fish habitat restroration tree falling.
The refreshing location with its lush, forest setting, coupled with comforts normally associated with an urban park, blend seamlessly at this popular day-use site. Here, one can immerse in the enjoyment of surrounding hiking trails, a swimming area, meandering creeks, and picnicking units. Whether seeking trail solitude, a fun day of water play during the heat of summer, or the lingering memory of that very special celebration, this special place awaits your arrival. Shotgun Creek Recreation Site is open to day use year round. Shelter reservations are available from May 1-September 30 each year.
Hiking, picnicking, family gatherings, sand volleyball, softball, playground, horseshoe pits, and seasonal water play.
- Reserve one or both large group day-use shelters each equipped with fireplace, lights, sinks, potable water, and picnic tables that will accommodate up to 112 people comfortably for events.
- 23 individual picnic sites
- 6.43 miles of hiking trail
The beautiful, well-equipped wooden shelters, available by reservation, offer a fine place to celebrate special events such as weddings, anniversaries or birthday parties.
- The 34-mile Shotgun OHV Trail System is located immediately north of the recreation site. Nearby staging facilities offer free amenities such as picnic tables, bathrooms, and trash facilities. Elevations from 758 to 2,864. Call the Springfield Interagency Office at 541-683-6600 for current trail conditions and closures.
- Earnest Bridge south on Marcola Rd about a mile on the left on Paschelke Rd.
- Springfield Golf Club south on Marcola Rd about 9 miles turn left on Sunderman Rd.
- McGowan Environmental Education Area is located along McGowan Creek Road west of Shotgun Creek Rd.
Charges & Cancellations
Standard fees apply and are non-refundable.
Visit https://www.recreation.gov/rules-reservation-policies for more information.