Wrights Lake Campground is situated in the timber belt, close to the lake shore, looking up at the majestic rocky peaks of the Sierra Nevadas and Desolation Wilderness. The area is well-known for its hiking, wildflowers and birding.
The campground provides access to the lake, where visitors enjoy trout fishing, swimming and boating activities. Motorboats are prohibited in the area.
Hikers will enjoy access to multiple foot and horseback riding trails within 5 miles of the campground. Various trailheads, including Bloodsucker, Rockbound and Twin Lakes trails, provide access to Desolation Wilderness.
Educational programs are offered at the amphitheater, and mountain biking and off-road vehicle use is popular on Barrett Lake Jeep trail. Wilderness permits for day hiking are available at the trailheads, and overnight hiking permits are available at Pacific Ranger Station.
The campground offers dozens of campsites for tent and RV camping. Several sites offer sweeping views of Wrights Lake.
Each site is equipped with tables and campfire rings with grills, and firewood can be gathered in the area. Accessible vault toilets. A camp host is available during the daytime.
At nearly 7,000 feet in elevation, the campground is surrounded by pine and fir trees with a grassy understory. Wildflowers bloom throughout the spring and summer seasons.
Some sites are nestled among giant boulders, providing privacy for campers. The campground is close to Wrights Lake, a 40-acre body of water popular for its serene and quiet atmosphere.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refunds for a cancelled reservation.
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 4 days before your arrival date. A customer who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee (see Late Cancellation below).
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld