Friendship Campground is located 15 miles from Hyrum, Utah in Blacksmith Fork Canyon, offering a variety of recreational activities such as hiking, mountain biking, fishing, and exploring off-road trails. The campground has 5 single family sites and 1 group site, along with accessible vault toilet facilities, shady maples, and wildflowers. Nearby attractions include the Logan Canyon National Scenic Byway.
Friendship Campground is located about 15 miles from Hyrum, Utah, in the mountains of Blacksmith Fork Canyon at an elevation of 5,600 feet. Visitors enjoy hiking, fishing and exploring off-road trails.
Friendship offers many recreational activities. Richards Hollow Trail, for hiking and mountain biking, begins just outside the campground. Left Hand Fork provides great fishing for wild brown, cutthroat and rainbow trout. The Shoshone ATV Trail System is nearby.
This campground has 5 single family sites and 1 group camp site that accomodates up to 25 people. Each single site has a picnic table and fire ring. Accessible vault toilet facilities are provided.
Shady maples forest the campground, offering an escape from the summer heat. Grasses and wildflowers dot the landscape, providing pretty color in the summer months.
For facility specific information, please call (385) 273-1100.
Logan Canyon National Scenic Byway: From historic Cache Valley on the west, this byway winds northeast through the national forest to Bear Lake spanning the Utah/Idaho border. Along the way, 500 million years of geologic history unfold in the lower canyon's deeply incised walls and fromations laden with fossils. In autumn, the colors are unparalleled.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.