Big Silver Group Campground offers tent and RV camping for up to 50 guests. The campground is located 23 miles east of Placerville on Highway 50 and 16 miles north on Ice House Road, east of nearby Union Valley Reservoir.
Visitors may enjoy forest-lined scenic views and recreation opportunities, such as, hiking, fishing, biking, wildlife viewing and migratory bird spotting. The campground has immediate access to the Union Valley Bike Trail; an easy 5.8 mile, two-lane bikeway with a few short, steep grades.
The campground consists of three easy access tent camp units; four easy access tent, trailer or RV units; and three walk-in camp units. A group kitchen area includes multiple tables and grills, as well as a campfire circle. Accessible vault toilets and trash collection are provided.
There is no piped water or electricity available at the campground. Campers must bring water from home, or be prepared to sterilize stream water. Stream water is available close by, but should be boiled or chemically treated before using.
A convenience store with a restaurant, gas and phone is within 10 miles, south on Ice House Road. The nearest town is Pollock Pines, approximately 25 miles away.
Big Silver Group Campground is situated alongside Big Silver Creek where it pours into Union Valley Reservoir. Much of the campground is flat and shaded by a Ponderosa pine forest. Gentle to moderate slopes lead to the creek and walk-in campsites. Union Valley Reservoir is a 5-minute bike ride from the campground.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: Customers who cancel a group overnight facility reservation less than 14 days before the arrival date will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee..
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 14 days before your arrival date.
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld.