Stumpy Meadows, on the Stumpy Meadows Reservoir, provides an enjoyable setting in a heavy conifer forest with easy access to an array of water activities.
Campers come here to while away warm summer days on the lake and enjoy the sights and sounds of the great outdoors. The campground provides easy access to both hiking and biking trails.
The historic town of Georgetown is 15 miles away. In the 19th century, the town was a hub of the productive gold mining region, and residents proclaimed the town the "pride of the mountains."
The crystal clear reservoir is stocked with both Rainbow and German Brown Trout, providing excellent fishing during the season. The lake is a grand place for a swim. Kayaking and canoeing are much enjoyed activities on the lake's clear waters. Slow-paced motor boating is allowed, but is restricted to a 5 m.p.h. speed limit.
Campsites are well spaced and offer ample privacy from neighboring sites. The reservoir is within a short walk, but no campsites have views of the water.
Vault toilets and drinking water from spigots are provided. A boat ramp is located a mile from the campground.
All sites are shaded by groves of towering Ponderosa pine, fir, oak, and cedar trees. The campground is in Eldorado National forest, which boasts over 400 miles of hiking trails, an abundance of lakes and rivers for fishing and swimming, and incredible scenery. Here, the climate is similar to that of the Mediterranean with warm, dry summers and cold, wet winters.
Take a drive on the El Dorado County Scenic Highway or visit the Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refunds for a cancelled reservation.
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 4 days before your arrival date. A customer who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee (see Late Cancellation below).
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld.